Thursday, August 31, 2017

GIU Day 4

Evening Unity friends!  Tonight's card took me awhile because I just didn't like how things were turning out.  I was using distress inks and my paper was too watery and the ink just kept spreading.  So I worked on it until I liked it.  Sometimes that happens - am I right?  ;)  I used the kit Brave Spirit.  I painted a light color of distress inks on some watercolor paper and then I stamped with the darker color (not as watered down) on top of my paper.  I added some sequins and washi tape and called it done before I decided I didn't like it and needed to change something.  Lol.  Thanks for stopping by & don't forget to comment!




16 comments:

Amber said...

I love the sentiment, Stephanie! Sweet project!

Unknown said...

I so understanding stopping before ruining. You did a great piece of art! Love all the mixture of textures and patterns to accent Unity' awesome stamps!

Jhays said...

I love the background stamp and how it adds texture. I have a thing for washi tape too. Lol. Nice job!

Dorothy Green said...

Love how your elements match with each other!

Katy Fowler said...

Love the sentiment you used on this card. Reminds me of my daughter. Great card!!

Unknown said...

Nice use of the background stamp plus embellishments

Selena said...

The background stamp is cool and I like the sentiment :)

Deborah Kaye said...

Great background and awesome sentiment!

Brianna J said...

I love this! It's simple but the colors are bright and the sentiment is awesome.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the sentiment and the background! Great card!

Martha said...

Right to the point. Love it!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love this artsy looking design. Very nice!

Judy B said...

You did a good job saving your creation. Sometimes I just leave my project alone for a while and then go back to it. Thanks for sharing. ��

GinaF said...

Totally understand the "quit while you're ahead " thinking! Been there, done that. Been there, not done that and totally ruined my project. I love your card though! That background is awesome!

Kelly said...

It turned out great, Stephanie!

Niece said...

I Iove tbis. Great background. Wonderful sentiment.